London to Amsterdam Cycle
What links London to Amsterdam… You do! On your bicycle that is. This short yet fantastic cycling challenge sees us cover 120 miles in just 2 days.
Cycling across the beautiful Essex countryside and pedalling along sleepy coastal Dutch lanes will give us a great European cycling experience. Upon reaching our finish in Amsterdam we celebrate our achievements and enjoy a little ‘Dutch courage’, albeit a little late.
3 Day Itinerary
Our challenge begins early morning, and we aim to be on the road no later than 10am. It’s not too long before we are cycling through beautiful Essex countryside on roads that undulate and weave through the county. We arrive at the Port of Harwich, where we freshen up and enjoy dinner at a hotel, before boarding our overnight ferry to the Hook of Holland. Cycling distance – approx. 65 miles
Our ferry docks early in the morning so we hop straight into the saddle – destination today, Amsterdam! Our route today hugs the coastline and winds its way along typical Dutch cycle lanes passing famous landmarks of the country – windmills! Leaving the coast and heading inland towards the capital we eventually reach the heart of the city. Amsterdam is the world’s capital of cycling and is a fantastic place to end our European cycling extravaganza! This evening we enjoy a meal together as a group before opting for either a quiet night of relaxation, or the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam nightlife! Cycling distance – approx. 55 miles
We have a free morning in Amsterdam to do as we wish. In the afternoon, we take the transfer to the airport for flights back to the UK. Upon arrival, we take the transfer back to the start venue to be reunited with bicycles. Please note, this is a complex itinerary and is subject to change.
• Meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 3 (not including dinner on Day 1)
• One-way ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland in 2-berth cabins
• Hotel accomodation in Amsterdam
• One-way flight or Eurostar from Amsterdam to London
• Water stops and snacks during the challenge, including isotonic drinks, flapjack, crisps, fruit and Haribo
• Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew
• Comprehensive first aid/medical kit
What’s not included
• Bicycle hire – each participant must bring their own recently-serviced bicycle
• Breakfast on Day 1
• Dinner on Day 1
• Lunch and dinner on Day 3
• Personal insurance
• Bicycle insurance
• Alcoholic drinks
• Tips and gratuities