London to Paris Bike Ride
Join our team and ride London to Paris for a truly inspirational experience; you’ll make friends for life, push yourself beyond your limits but most of all make memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime. You could even witness the finale of the world’s greatest cycle race!
Our London to Paris Bike Ride is an awesome cycling challenge and is by far one of the best fundraising events in Europe, attracting hundreds of riders each year and raising thousands for charities nationwide.
We’ll spend 4 days in the saddle, cycling 309 miles from capital to capital. Our journey begins in London with the route taking us through glorious English countryside as we cycle from Kent to Dover, before crossing the Channel to Calais. Once across the water, we start cycling ‘French style’, remembering to keep to the right! We cycle along quiet French country lanes, through traditional market towns with views of the rolling green hills of Northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme.
A spectacular finish awaits us as we reach the home stretch around the Arc de Triomphe and along the Champs Elysées, before reaching the piece de resistance, the Eiffel Tower, which marks our finish line. The days in the saddle may be long but the sense of achievement we’ll feel crossing the finish line and the euphoric atmosphere as we celebrate our achievements in this magnificent capital, the saddle soreness soon wears off!
5 Day Itinerary
Registration for challenge early morning in Croydon and start cycling at 7am through Kent to Dover. Ferry to Calais. Distance – 86 miles
Cycle from Calais to Arras through charming villages and along quiet country lanes. Distance – 77 miles
Cycle from Arras to Compiègne passing numerous WWI memorials and monuments through the Region of the Somme. Distance – 75 miles
Cycle to Paris, along the Champs-Élysées, round the Arc de Triomphe and finish overlooking the Eiffel Tower from the Champ de Mars. Celebratory meal. Distance – 70 miles
Free morning in Paris, before catching the Eurostar to London where you are re-united with your bicycle. If you’re on our Tour de France finale date, you’ll spend the day watching the greats cycle into Paris before making your own way to Gare du Nord to catch the evening Eurostar to London where you are re-united with your bicycle. Please note, this is a complex itinerary and subject to change.
• One way ferry crossing from Dover to Calais
• One way Eurostar ticket from Paris to London
• All accommodation with the exception of the evening prior to the start of the challenge
• Lunch on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4, and breakfast on day 5
• Refreshment stops including water, fruit and a variety of snacks/energy bars/cereal bars every 15-20 miles cycled approx.
• Back up and support vehicles
• Route markers or cycle guides
• English-speaking guides
• Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew
• Mechanic support. Basic spare bike parts will be taken but please note, we cannot cater for every eventuality, therefore it is vital that participants ensure that their bike is in full working order and in good condition. You will be billed for any spare
What’s not included
• Breakfast and dinner on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 5
• Alcoholic drinks
• Bicycle hire – each participant must bring their own recently serviced bicycle
• Bicycle insurance
• Travel insurance
• Tips and gratuities