Are you planning on going on a trip with your friends?
It is always a great idea to accompany friends on different getaways. They are opportunities to have fun and make great memories. They are also opportunities to visit new places and see the world. As such, it is important to make every trip count.
We have collated 4 important tips on how to enjoy a getaway weekend with your friends.
Hire the Right Car
Planning a proper getaway means making sure that everything works smoothly, including your transport to and from your destination and also at your destination, especially if you are exploring new places.
Your transportation will determine how much fun you are going to have. Each destination comes with different requirements for transport. For example, if you don’t have to travel very far or if you are heading for a city break you might consider using public means of transport. It is friendlier on your pocket (if you are willing to overlook the usual inconveniences that come with public transportation) and of course it is better for the environment.
If you are heading to a destination that is not accessible by public transport then you will have to think about taking a car or hiring one. This way you can choose a car that suits the terrain and one large enough to fit your friends and all their luggage.
And don’t just hire any car, make sure you hire the right car. Luckily, you can always find a car hire service in most places nowadays.
There are many benefits to hiring a car. These include:
- You have less chance of losing your luggage.
- You and your friends will be able to leave and arrive at the same time.
- You will save money if you pay as a group.
- You will save on fuel costs since you will only be using one car.
- You will have the freedom to travel when and where you choose.
Sometimes getaways present us with a chance to let go and do things that we wouldn’t have done in a public place. Like skinny dipping in a waterfall or swimming at sunrise.
While this is good, it also carries its own form of risk and we should be sensible in order to avoid the consequences that will reduce the amount of fun you and your friends have on your getaway.
Here are some simple guidelines to adhere to when going for your getaway to keep the fun going.
- Don’t drink and drive – This is not only dangerous for you and your friends but also dangerous for other road users. The risks range anywhere from serious accidents to issues with the law.
- Don’t drink too much – You might not want to drink and drive, but you also don’t want to drink too much. Excessive consumption of alcohol is harmful to your health. It also cuts down the amount of fun you have as a group. Not to mention, drunk people tend to make poor decisions which could lead to dangerous situations.
- Consider the environment – Some getaways require that you spend a lot of time with nature. It is best to leave nature as you found it or better. Don’t litter or damage the environment in any way.
- Be considerate to others – Remember, you are not the only one enjoying your getaway destination. Therefore, it is important to help maintain these places and leave them as you found them. This makes them easier for others to use and enjoy.
Consider Your Actions
Your actions will determine whether your getaway turns into a fond memory or a complete disaster. Remember, just because you are out with your friends does not mean you should abandon all caution. This means respecting people’s property, following the laws and maintaining a decent amount of sense to help pull you out of any dangerous situation.
Stay safe at all times. There are numerous accounts of people who went out with friends but got separated from their group and ended up getting lost, having an accident or perhaps losing their valuables.
Staying safe means your friends won’t have to panic or have to go through any difficult ordeals trying to ensure your safety and wellbeing in strange places.
Packing right means packing for the destination you are visiting. For example, if you are planning to visit a cold place, make sure to carry enough warm clothes, otherwise, the cold will make you miserable throughout.
Here are some of the things you need to consider packing for your getaway.
- Your travel documents. This includes your passport and visas if you plan to visit another country, health documents and contact information.
- Snacks for the road – Buying food on the road is expensive. Also, hunger tends to sup out people’s energy which might dampen everyone’s spirit.
- Reusable water bottles. This prevents you from having to buy overpriced bottled water. It is also good for the environment.
- Proper gear. This includes items such as sunscreen for sunny situations and an ice pick if you plan to move on the snow.
- A portable gas container. This is especially useful if you are travelling in new places and the gas stations are far apart.
- A clean blanket or sleeping bag. While travelling, always works with the assumption that anything can happen, including spending the night on the road. A blanket is not only going to come in handy in such situations but in other situations as well.
Whether you are travelling far or near, a getaway is a great opportuity to unwind and spend some quality time with your friends. That said, it is important that you make every minute during your trip count.